Saturday, July 13, 2013

Busyness

Something happened to my "quiet week before the plunge". Since Monday I've been swept up in a whirl wind of places to go and things to be done, and it isn't over yet. Game night, birthday party, dinner at our friends' house, then church and youth group tomorrow. These are all very fun enjoyable activities, but they zap energy like crazy, and I'm glad for the empty afternoons of today and tomorrow. At least, they're empty in the sense that I don't have to leave home. I have plenty of chore things that I want to get done, and picnic preparations for the family reunion (lemon loaf is in order) and packing and organizing need to happen for the trip as well. But these things can be juggled with one of my long afternoon naps and some quiet time reading or drawing or nature journaling. I'm in need of these things right now after a full day of exercise yesterday (I ran eight miles in the morning, and at the birthday party played ultimate frisbee and bump a lot). It's been fun. When I want to curl up and sleep for hours on end I think about the eight hour drive ahead of me. Monday morning, early, we'll set out for the Quail's Nest!

No comments:

Post a Comment