Monday, July 8, 2013

Before the Plunge

This will be a quiet week. Next week, and the one after, will be days of busyness and fun at the big family reunion and following cousin time. We get to leave early in the morning, which is my favourite time (it builds excitement) and me and Ladybird won't come back until two weeks later, by train. I'm so excited to see my family again, visit nostalgia haunts and enjoy all our treasured pastimes together.
I'm resting in quietude this week before the plunge. I've had a quiet home day complete with a long nap and a chance to nature journal after me and Dad finished our Monday night push-ups. The woods was dappled with rich white light that caught in the spindly fir boughs and made them look like lace. It illuminated the wings of the little moths, and they flitted around, fairly-like, among the sunlit curtains. Woodland birds made soft, sweet music that mingled with their back-up instrumentalists--the droning insects. I wrote a letter to one of my cousins (who I will see next week!) and told her that I couldn't wait to meet at the Quail's Nest. Even in the midst of this peaceful lull I am beginning to burn with excitement. I especially look forward to breakfast at Cousins Restaurant on the drive there :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment