Saturday, July 6, 2013

Beach Day + drive-in + a regular Saturday


Newport was sunny and not too cold yesterday. We rarely have fine weather on our beach trips, but this was decidedly fine weather. We had a picnic up in the park, then walked down onto the shore where we spent a few wonderful hours.












After we got home from the beach I took a quick shower before leaving again for the drive-in with my older brother and sister. He was watching the movies with his college friends, Elaina was meeting there with friends before a sleepover, and I found my high-school friends who were there. I enjoyed Despicable Me 2 and most of Man of Steel, and then I fell asleep. I set a record last night: I've never been out past midnight before (we came home around 3 this morning).
I woke up at around 8:30 and made myself get up because I knew I wouldn't want to run later when it got too warm out. I'm working up to 6.7 miles for this Crater Lake run in August and this morning I did 6--so close now! Since then I've had a wonderful, relaxing day full of puttering around getting chores done, plus an hour long nap to make up for a little of my late night. I'm going to bed early today, so I'll be all back to normal tomorrow. 
P.S. I apologize for the odd photo organization. I still haven't learned to use blogger very well.



No comments:

Post a Comment