Friday, September 25, 2015

A blurb for gratitude

The day began with a cold grey sky. Only the eye of the sunrise--a great almond shape cut out of the cloud--was open to reveal dreamy blue, and flecks of gold. We started it right, with pumpkin pudding (a little too gingery, perhaps) and banana muffins. Me and Mama got school going, precariously reading, folding laundry and keeping G out of too much trouble. Elaina went to work on her still life, which is autumnal, smooth and (honestly!) beautiful. It may be my favorite of her paintings so far. Our morning walk was a rainy one, ranging from mist to pelts to a drizzle at tempo. Now that it is afternoon, there is only a foggy breath ensconcing the valley, and a thick comforter of clouds. There is no rain.
To say the least, I am glad that it is autumn. I'm glad that the school week was good, and that it is almost over! I'm glad for the (license-stimulated) chances to be with friends, whether praying together or cheering at a football game. I'm glad that Daddy will come home from a business trip tonight, and we will have a delicious family weekend. From grey sunrise to the people I love, I am glad!

No comments:

Post a Comment