Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Snow Garden

You see that small, rock-bordered area a little bit away from the house? I know, you can't see the ground (or the rocks, for that matter) because of all the slick whiteness that is still covering it, but it is there. Under our shrinking layer of snow is a covering of cut hay and dry leaves, and beneath that is a creeping growth of greenery which shouldn't be there, but has stealthily shot up anyway. That's alright, though, I'm okay with a few  weeds until it is time to plant. A myriad of ideas are popping into my head this week as I dream about my little flower garden, and the top items on my list are sorbet peonies, marigolds, primroses, daffodils (next year) and my little potted rose bush. It seems like such a long time until I can help all those bright, colorful blooms into existence, but the time will come - eventually... I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment