Saturday, March 3, 2012

Not Long Now, Moonchild

Just a few more minutes, said my little heart, which was pitter-pattering with a vengeance as the car rounded what seemed like the millionth corner on the road. It had been a good week spent with wonderful friends while Mama and Daddy searched for the "new house" which we would eventually live in and call home, but I was so ready to hug them and go back to all the normal things (our house, our family all together, Mama's meals, and even our yard, which was very important to me). So, as our friends drove me and my big sister to the home of some more friends, where we would have a potluck and meet up with Mama and Daddy, I was having a hard time living in the present of never-ending streets and stop signs. I don't actually remember very much about the potluck and the reunion, except for noticing the enormous pile of shoes in the entry (my family and our group of friends consisted of a lot of people, and thus a lot of discarded shoes at our doors) and liking the pasta salad because of all the cheese in it. So the only memories I have of that week are alternate afternoons of sunshine and rain, times for the playhouse and times for the woods, going to a long church service on Sunday morning (which I very irreverently fell asleep during) and having grilled cheese sandwiches with oranges for lunch when we came home from church. And, of course, the seemingly long drive to the potluck while my heart pumped in anticipation of seeing my parents (my best friends) again. That was a good week, and it had a very good ending to it as well.
This week has been good too, and I'm definitely looking forward to its ending; not because it has been bad, but, once again, I find myself almost dancing with excitement to see almost all of my family together again. When brother D comes home from AIT, and we can all be here together for a while, it will be an even better time. But for now I will be content to welcome home my two closest friends and hope that they don't mind this cold Oregon after a sunny, relaxing week with Grandma and Grandpa in Mexico! I can't wait to see you tonight, Mama and Daddy!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment