Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Little Brother G

Autumnal shirt, navy blue sweater-vest, and light brown shorts make up the outfit. It's very small, but really, a six-month-old baby won't need a very big set of clothes. Of course, we couldn't help but buy tons of adorable little boy things (yes, we finally found out that I will have a little brother, Gavin Curtis, this summer!) and this little fall outfit is my favourite. Probably because autumn is my most cherished season and I practically need the subtle oranges and purples and vibrant shades of apple-red and sunset glow that make an autumn for me. Maybe my little brother Gavin will grow up to love the colours too!
I'm not sure I'm completely content with the fact that there are still several long, long months between me and holding little Gavin, but at least this gives me time to make lots of nice things. You see, there are numerous hats and blankets and such floating around in my head (figuratively) and I am glad that I will have time to knit or sew them up before my brother arrives, even though the time might seem to go slowly. That's okay, the more busy I keep myself the less time I will have to wish it would move along faster, and before I know it, August will be here!
So this post is to celebrate my little brother, Gavin Curtis, and the hope that time won't go too slowly for his overly-excited older sister :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment