Sunday, January 29, 2012

It's All Good...

Last week was marvelous, particularly when Daddy came home from his business trip on Friday, and our visit with friends on Saturday. School went very well, and I finished early enough most days to go on long walks admiring all of God's amazing creation among the fir, maple, oak and hazel trees that populate our area. On Friday, there was even a bit of sweet sunshine pouring down out of a clear blue sky, and my afternoon walk was warm! Everything seemed to sparkle with life and clarity after the days of rain and clouds. As we left home for church this morning, I saw a bright double rainbow, layered with a myriad of subtle colors, stretching across the sky in the west; and from the east a mellow golden sunrise-light was spreading across our hilltop and sliding down into the valley. All this light! It seems to promise goodness in this week too, and I pray that it does. Even if  the week isn't as nice as I wish for it to be, I hope that I still cherish the good things in each day: the half-hour of quiet prayer and reading that I enjoy before I begin my routine of school and exercise, the joy of learning new things and gaining little parcels of knowledge in the different subjects I study, the time with my family and friends, and getting excited while I wait for August, and my little brother or sister, to arrive in the summer. Each of these things, and many, many more, are wonderful parts of my life right now... things to be thankful for.
Now it is raining again, but I won't forget the five minutes of sunshine this morning, the rainbow, and the clear sky on Friday. I want to keep walking in the light that gratitude and happiness bring!

2 comments:

  1. You bring sunshine into every day! Let's have a good week together. Hugs and kisses, Mama. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good week sounds wonderful... and I think we will make it happen! Love you, Mama (sooo much)!

    ReplyDelete