Monday, January 9, 2012

Home Again - School Again

Yesterday the family (all except for our soldier in AIT) came home from a great weekend at our favorite little cabin in the woods. It was cold, but we were well-equipped with slippers and blankets and mugs of hot chocolate, plus a log fire, to keep us toasty and happy. The traditional games that we always bring (Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne, and Dutch Blitz) were accidentally forgotten at the house, so we did not have quite as many activities to do, but there was a lot of walking, eating, talking, and tons of reading to make up for it. We enjoyed our time together, and we enjoyed the beautiful mountain scenery if not the mountain chill.
But I am still very happy to be back to my regular school routine after three weeks of break. It's nice to get up at a reasonable time every morning, to think and exercise, and to feel my days once more filling with things to learn and do and study. So far, though I've only gone through most of the first day, I've definitely been liking it. I'm pretty certain that the rest of the week will be great too!

No comments:

Post a Comment