Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Words For Baby G

Every now and then, often or infrequently, a very, very good surprise comes along. Sometimes it is a bouquet found on a doorstep, sometimes a brilliant sunset viewed from a light-smeared hilltop, or sometimes something bigger and more exciting, or sudden and surprising. And occasionally, not every day, the youngest for thirteen years is delighted to find that in August there will be a new baby in the household! Our alphabetical  order now calls for a "G" name, and because he or she deserves to be called something other than "it" we have given the title "Baby G" to the seventh child (but only until we find a better name beginning with that letter!).
I'm very, very  happy to be an older sibling come August, and the months until then will probably seem extremely long. Or maybe they will be filled with other nice things to make winter brighter, to enhance the colors of spring, and to enliven that portion of summer that is spent waiting for Little G to arrive. For now I like to dream, because dreaming forms ideas, and dreaming makes me happy. I imagine taking the tiny hand of my little sibling, and showing G the wonder of God's creation, and all the miracles in the woods and fields, and in the sky of day and night. I can see, in this little portion of my mind, a little person cuddled up listening to bedtime stories or playing in afternoon sunshine. Or even learning the fundamental rules of living in the same house as our rather unique dog, Chesterton! That part may be interesting, it always is when someone meets Chesterton for the first time:-)
Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written, Moonchild. It will be fun to be a big sister! I haven't always enjoyed that position, but now I do!!!!

    ReplyDelete