Sunday, June 30, 2013

When the days get warm

I like to come home from Church and drink water. Lots of very cold, cold water that compliments the beach-blue geometric print on my Mexico dress.Then I go up to the Glow-light room I share with Ladybird and I listen to the coldest music I can find (something instrumental, with lots of space in the melodies) and I lie on my bed.
I could stay there for a long time, probably, but most often I get up after about 15 minutes and clean the room and twist my hair up into a bun where it will do me the least damage (heat-wise). Then I come down here, where the family has probably gathered, and help Mama prepare our Sunday lunch. I'm looking forward to cold watermelon and cold pasta salad, and more cold water.
Why do I love summer so much when it keeps me in here much of the day, relishing what cold things I can find? Probably because it is pure nostalgia for me, and I finally have an excuse for my watermelon addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment