Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The list goes on

There are too many favorite things to compile into a list of fourty, so just remember, as you read, that the list extends far, far longer than I could probably ever write down. My closest friends are:
 
1. A green, purple and white field at sunset
2. The music halls at WOU
3. My family laughing around the dinner table
4. Remembering family reunions
5. Walking in the rain with my Dad
6. Climbing to the top of a maple tree
7. Picnics with chocolate, sparkling cider and cucumber cream cheese sandwiches
8. L.M. Montgomery, Louisa May Alcott, Edwin Way Teale, Elizabeth Goudge, God (authors of all my favorite books)
9. Realizing that my family is a choir 
10. Swimming in St. Mary's River
11. Playing piano by lamplight
12. Folding laundry
13. Slicing watermelon
14. Asking Mama questions about cooking
15. Talking to my little brother
16. Reading aloud
17. Writing and receiving letters
18. Touching soft cloth
19. The moon
20. Talking to my sister till midnight
21. Candlelight dinners
23. Beautiful dessert
24. Worship in music
25. A small cabin in the woods
26. Maple leaves with  afternoon light shining through them.
27. Embroidering
28. Going on adventures with Chesterton
29. Roses and daffodils
30. Reading the Bible while drinking a cup of tea and watching the sunrise
31.Family conversations
32. Kindred spirits
33. Fir trees
34. Planting a garden
35. Running
36. Writing poems
37. Mud boots
38. French bread and cheese at the beach
39. Watching the sunset from my hill
40. Quiet moments to think about how good life is

How I could I ever survive without just a little bit of beauty?



No comments:

Post a Comment