Sunday, February 12, 2012

Good Things

"Great are the works of the Lord; they are pondered by all who delight in them. Glorious and majestic are his deeds, and his righteousness endures forever"(Psalm 111: 2-3). I definitely fall into the "pondering and delighting" category today. There are so many things to be thankful for!
It's not an incredibly sunny day, as it was last week, but I can see dainty streaks of blue sky amid the clouds, and Mt. Jefferson is literally glowing, blanketed as it is by a robe of sun-reflecting snow. There is even a dark, far-away hawk circling above the treetops. It's cold outside, but the fire is so toasty and bright, and the house is warm  because there is a whole, happy family inside of it (except for brother D, at AIT for a few months). I fell asleep last night to the lull of three bright stars winking at me through the window, and woke up early enough to have a very nice quiet time, eat my bagel slowly and get ready for church without hurrying. I enjoyed church a lot too, especially singing time and choir practice (I can't get enough of singing, especially praise and worship type songs). 
I want to make the most of my Sunday afternoon, which means that I need to decide what I want to do, and what I need to do. Mostly I want to walk, because a weekend isn't a real weekend to me if I don't go on at least one long walk. Yesterday I did that in the evening, and by the time I came back it was dark  and cool, and all traces of the yellow-gold sunset were gone, but the stars hadn't made their appearance yet. Maybe this time my walk will be an afternoon ramble through the woods or to that dear little haunt I call "Sunset Hill". Or maybe I'll walk along the vineyard fence or just along the road, or I could hold tryst with the silent, friendly trees in the chestnut grove. There are so many places I would like to wander through today, but I know that I can't see them all! Well, eventually I'll decide, and for now I'll be content to know that all my old favorite places will still be there by the time I come around to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment